Hi,

Boris wrote:
> They predict that in few years you would be able to run your
> laptop for 10 hours straight and all you'd need do to recharge it
> would be to replace a small container with some fluid that would be
> sold for few pennies everywhere...

And 50 years ago, in the UK, they said that nuclear power would
be so cheap it would not be worth charging for it.  That was
before an unknown number of people were engulfed in the
radioactive plume from the Sellafield fire in the late 1950's.
The idea of portable nuclear power supplies sank without trace.
As I am one of the "plumees", I trust you will forgive my
scepticism.

>From what I can see, in my lifetime the power capacity of
digital cameras will _maybe_ increase by about 100%. That is,
they will use less power and batteries will increase in capacity
somewhat to give you a _possible_ doubling of useability.
Unless, of course, the number of bells and whistles is
multiplied by the marketing departments to justify selling you
this year's model, in which case all bets are off.

This, combined with the high cost/short life ratio, lack of (or
different manner of) definition and fragility of digital
cameras, plus the long, complicated (and yet tedious) process
before one has an analogue copy in one's hand, leads me to
seriously doubt that many people who enjoy photgraphy as it is
will be easily moved to the digital arena.

Anna Loglee