Howdy, Peter,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:20:10 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I would say generally that mirrors are never quite going to perform like
> regular lenses, however if you can provide a stable platform that will help
> considerably.

You know, I've seen this opinion expressed many times.  It's a very
common opinion within photographic circles.  I've even fallen under its
spell, though I have no experience with "mirror" lenses.

But in astronomy, even at the low end of the price and capability
spectrum, folks seem to prefer "mirror" telescopes.  Is there some sort
of paradox here, or does it all have to do with the prohibitive expense
of a refractive telescope/lens with 6" or larger elements?

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ