-- -----Original Message-----
-- From: Thomas Heide Clausen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
-- Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 5:31 AM
--
-- On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:56:55 -0500
-- "Brad Dobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--
-- > Heh,
-- >
-- > I ordered extra ones, rubber eye cap and findercap, because I knew
-- > I'd lose them.  Of course, now that I have them, I probably will
-- > never lose one :)
-- >
-- > Brad.
--
-- heh...
--
-- Mine fell off at the most inconvenient moment: I was on Sardegnea (an
-- island in Italy), had arrived at midnight - my suitcase hadn't
-- (thanks Alitalia!). I was there for a conference. The suitcase still
-- hadn't surfaced the next morning, so I went off to the nearest city
-- (Pula - 45min from the conf. center by bus) for replacement cloths
-- and stuff - only to find that everything was closed until 16:00 due
-- to "siesta". The only thing not in the suitcase was my laptop and the
-- MZ-S, and so since I had brought the camera along, I thought I would
-- take some shots of the city under the hard mid-day sun. Guess what?
-- That was exactly when I discovered that on the trip from the conf.
-- center to the city, the little eyecap had disappeared.
--
-- Strong mediteranian sunlight made me realize that the eyecap was
-- actually usefull. Thus, upon my return, I acquired a pile of

Thomas,

>From my extensive travelling in Central America and for a while having my
luggage not arrive with me, I have devised a way to survive for a day or
two.

When packing my camera gear in its bag I do not use the foam dividers.
Instead I use my clothes (underwear, socks, shirts) as padding.  I tend to
put the dividers in my checked bag that way I can use them on the return
trip as opposed of being stuck with dirty clothes to use.  I had not thought
of it, but maybe it would make my trip through customs quicker :-)

Cesar
Panama City, Florida