Okay, it's official:  I suck at doing "digital darkroom" stuff.
I saw others' complaints about the time required to do the post
processing digitally instead of handing it off to a lab to do
wet, and even with that in mind I'm too slow.  And whether it's
lack of skill, lack of tools, or both (it doesn't help that the
machine on which I can display my editing software (GIMP) I only
have 8-bit colour), I'm not being as effective at tweaking things
as I'd like.  Grrrr.

This is, of course, subject to change after study and practice,
but that's not helping with the deadline I'm bumping into right
now.  *sigh*

                                        -- Glenn