On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 10:39  PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Ditto. And you have to be willing to do that in the digital darkroom.
Even with PhotoShop history you can only go back so far. Sometimes I get
so skewed I just figure it'w better to start over with the raw scan. And
I always, always save my raw scann.
Paul

I keep my original scan, but I usually dust spot it and then work off copies of it. Even then, I frequently work on a duplicate of the background image because toggling visibility gives me an immediate reference check, and if I don't like how things are going I can delete the stepped on layers and I'm back to my original image without having to open a new copy. I also try to remember to make snapshots, but I'm pretty erratic at that.

Dan Scott