Perhaps an interesting twist on the Cliché theme. Imagine producing an image
that illustrates a common cliché. For instance:

"A fork in the road"

Imagine a long hilly road stretching off into the distance. Image take at
ground level in the middle of the road. Long yellow double lines stretching
off into the distance and telephone poles lining one side of the road.
Fields of grass (or corn or wheat or whatever) on either side. And stuck
into the road about 15 feet in front of the camera is a pitch fork.

Now many will get technical and ask how this could be done. This could be
done digitally, or by sawing off the ends of the tines to make it look like
it was actually stuck in the road, or by finding an asphalt road that is
soft enough from the hot summer sun to actually stick the fork in. Anyway
the technique is not so important. The idea is just the literal
interpretation of the cliché into an image.

You can pick any cliché and illustrate it in visual and literal terms.

Here's another:

"Put up your Dukes"

Several pictures of John Wayne hanging on drying clips in a darkroom.

"Egg on your face"

This ones obvious ....

"All of that and a bag of chips"

Think of a table filled with all kinds of non-related items; razor blades,
comb, cassette tape, pencils, old photos, forks, envelopes, etc (you get the
idea) and off to the side by itself is a bag of chips (any brand you like)

"Snowballs chance in Hell ...."

This could be an interesting challenge ...

So this is the idea anyway. What do you think?

Glen