On 18 Dec 2002 at 14:27, Brad Dobo wrote:

> So it looks to me like most won't be happy unless they release a DSLR on the
> traditional LX body, make it steel and heavy, and use as much mechanical parts
> as possible.  A mechanical analog digital...interesting :)

A rigid chassis is just as important for a DSLR as a film SLR so a metal body
would be desirable bear in mid too that modern cast alloys are near as light as
polycarbonate for the same strength. Also the sensors in top end DSLRs require
shutters and mirrors just like conventional SLRs therefore the mechanical
requirements of the systems are similar.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110