Hi, Tom,

My bet is that the vast majority of Rebel users have no idea that all those big
white lenses on the sidelines of NFL football games are C**** lenses.  They
probably bought their Rebels because Andre Agassi's mug is on the tube, trying
to tell us that he uses one (yeah, right!).  That's ~real~ marketing!  <g>

And, of hundreds of thousands of Rebels that are sold, do you really think that
many are bought because some neophyte was chatting with a member of CDML (if
such a thing exists), who enthusiastically told him to buy one?  I have my
doubts.

Nah, TV ads, magazine ads, promotional deals in the local paper selling the
ubiquitous starter kit with a 28-70 (or whatever) plus strap and camera bag for
$200 - that's what does it, imho.

But, as always, I could be wrong.

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert