The fact that the LX was only available in Japan made it rather difficult
for most of us to buy.  Hell I can't see a MZ-S in the proverbial flesh despite
having two relatively well stocked camera stores which both carry Pentax
within easy driving distance.

At 09:19 AM 12/18/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> My question is this:  Could Pentax actually use this list for advice
> and stay in business?  We may be too eclectic a group to be a good
> source of market research.  We still argue over the PZ-1p vs the MZ-S.
> Many here don't even want autofocus.

This is pretty much what I was wondering about when I wrote the original
"Hypothetical Question." People here wonder whether Pentax monitors this
list (they do), and whether they listen to our advice when advising Japan
about product development...I don't know whether they do that or not, but I
have to wonder if it would be productive if they did.

I know that one Pentax person has told me privately that despite all the
gushing and lauding of the LX on this list, even diehards weren't buying new
LX's at the end of its lifespan. Most were buying used, or were using LXen
purchased many years previously.

Some of the comments about a digital SLR would probably be of value to them,
especially from the perspective of not alienating longtime Pentax
aficionados. But of course that's only going to be one consideration out of
many in the design and concept of the new camera.

We're only a few months away now...the Pentax DSLR is coming,

--Mike
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx