"Paris, Leonard" wrote:

> Consortium?  Nope.  If the consortium won, imagine the magnitude of the
> battle over who gets what!  There are enough LX'es to split between three
> people but the lenses would cause problems.

I have a solution:

    1. We designate one member to bid on the item.
    2. All other members do not bid.
    3. Auction ends, the designated member negotiates deal with seller
       if reserve not met.

    4. Assume, say the final price is $6000 (shipping included.)
       The designated member puts all itmes for list members to bid
       on piece wise, (read on!)

    5. The high bidders win the their items.  (read on!)
    6. Say the sum of all bid prices add up to $7000.  The designed
       member perforate $1000, the difference from $6000, and refund
       the winning bidders in proportion.

    7. The designated member distribute items, shipping paid by
       receipients.

This is fair, and there'll be no fight.  There's just one problem:
what if the our own bid prices don't add up to the ebay auction price?
The designated member would lose out.

Regards,