I have the manual focus version of the 35-80 lens, and it is definitely
put together better than the 28-80 was. Optically, it is fairly good. My
entry into the PUG this month was taken with the lens.
I'm looking to replace it, but only because I want a faster mid-range
zoom lens to complement the 80-200/2.8 I have.

-Mat