Steve,

I had a JVC for many years.  Certainly on the plus side is the ability
to play it back easily.  Minuses are that tape cost per minute is
higher than 8mm, image quality is worse and sound quality is worse.
This is a dead end field where all advancements are being put into DV
type cameras.

I eventually switched to a Hi8 camcorder and the sound quality
improved dramatically.  At this stage I finally moved on to DV.
Looking back, I don't think I would choose VHS-C again.  Sound and
image quality are more important to me than playback convenience.

Just my opinion.  HTH,

Bruce

Thursday, December 26, 2002, 6:13:56 AM, you wrote:

SD> My daughter is thinking of buying a VHS-C camcorder becuase its easy to
SD> play back althoguh the longest tapes are only 30 min.  Does anyone know
SD> anything about this or at least what to avoid.  The common brands appear
SD> to be Panasonic and JVC.
SD> Thanks

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!