Alan Chan wrote:

> I promise this will be my last question regarding my FA*200/2.8.  :)
>
> When the focus ring was shifted from MF to AF, it will rotate for certain
> amount before it was locked into position. However, as I rotate the focus
> ring (AF position), the distance scale rotates too. I do not remember the
> previous FA*200 did the same, and I think this behaviour also slow down the
> AF speed. However, since I do not have another FA*200 to compare with, would
> you guys test it out for me please? I have prepared a video clip which you
> can see what I mean exactly (1MB). Thx!!!
>
> http://www3.telus.net/wlachan/FA200.mov
>
> regards,
> Alan Chan

I can't get the video clip to play on my system but I think I understand
what you are saying.  My FA*200 does not behave the way you describe
that yours does.  When the focus ring of mine is moved from MF to AF it
will turn about 5 degrees in either direction before locking into
position, but the distance scale does not rotate at all during this
time.

I hope you get better luck from Pentax in the future.  It is hard to
believe how some out of box failures pass final testing.  I have seen
some out of box failures at work that could not have worked when
packaged at the factory.

--
David S.
Nature and wildlife photography http://www.sheppardphotos.com