On Tuesday, December 31, 2002, at 07:53  AM, Steve Desjardins wrote:

    "  I am going to retreat to my "cave", ie darkroom, printing
trough
      all the new year celebrations :) "

Actually, Plato's analogy of the "cave with shadows on the wall" in the
Republic sounds like a darkroom to me. And speaking from experience, I
completely agree that philosophy is best done with a glass.

Happy New Year, Y'all !

Steve (formerly a philosophy major)

Me, too. But, with pixels in my case. Got to get this year's family pics up on the web before the year ends—don't want to get labeled a procrastinator. <g>

Happy New Year!

Dan Scott (also formerly a philosophy major)