Wheatfield wrote:

> Some machining is required.

        No- you just put the m42 adapter into the TC and leave
        it there w/ the lens attached. I used to mess around w/
        "too many TC's" a while back (some may recall one I did
        at 6400mm and posted some years ago). Framing was a bit
        more than 2 lanes of highway from ~3.5miles distance.
        Needless to say, photo quality suffered considerably.
        It was w/ an old Petri "stovepipe" 400mm f6.3 w/ 3 m42
        2x'ers and 1 K-mount one.

        I do sometimes still use the old c.1963 300mm f4 Tak
        w/ a K-mount 2x'er to have a 600mm f8 and it's an easy
        switch to/from the K 400mm.

        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]