Hi,

Sunday, January 12, 2003, 6:41:48 AM, you wrote:

> On the other hand, lots of times the authors are good sources of the books.
> They sometimes buy up the unsold copies and keep them to sell them out of
> their basements or something.

one of the best photo galleries in London is Focus Gallery, run by 2
of the women who started the Photographers' Gallery. They are very
well connected in the UK photographic world, and frequently have
stacks of signed 1st editions from the photographer's basement. I've
had a few of my books that way.

I know a writer who is so convinced that he will one day win the Nobel
Prize that he buys up stacks of remainders of his own work on the
grounds that he'll make a killing when Stockholm calls...!

---

 Bob