On 1/12/03 3:03 PM, "Bruce Rubenstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A logical extension of this argument would be that all people who use
> Pentax 35mm SLRs, and have professional aspirations, should switch to
> another brand, since virtually no working professionals use Pentax 35mm
> gear.

I have many Japanese friends who also frequent PDML.  You are well known to
them :-).
Sometimes, you spread misleading info :-).  You are certainly a
knowledgeable person but frankly you can contribute to PDML in better ways
without trying to satisfy your sadistic mind.  Much of your info come from
Nikon list and Pentax-hating NYC camera dealers, at least that's what people
say.  Perhaps.

I do not pretend to be knowledgeable on photography but I just wish to say
that the bad thing about your post (not al of them) is essentially making
Pentax owners dumb and stupid in their selection of Pentax gear.  Moreover,
my Japanese colleagues agree that you must be on some kind of mission for
"switch campaign" :-).  I hope you are not benefiting by doing so.

As in any part of the world, Pentax owners are not just the bargain hunting
cheap crowd.  They are determined Pentax users, finding the merits in
Pentax.  Many of them appreciates the Pentax glasses, and conscientious
design of bodies which are distinct Pentax tradition.  Also, many Pentax
users also have Nikon and Canon as I do.  If Pentax won't do a job in
certain sports shooting etc which require higher FPS, you just buy a
suitable set of Nikon or Canon (or Minolta or whatever) equipment for that
purpose.  But PDMLers predominantly use Pentax.  Many Pentax users also
choose Pentax because they do not want to be regarded in the same mould of
crowd.  They may wish to be Maverick, as I do ;-).  Anyone can buy C/N if
they so wish.  It is even easier to do so.  But it is indeed difficult to
stay with Pentax in the sea of N/C unless you do appreciate their gears.
While we all make sarcastic comments on N/C etc, they are all excellent
makers and equip.  Everybody knows it.  Just take it easy.  You should
respect other people's choice and decision.  I seldom saw severe critique by
PDMLers of your choice of Nikon.  If there were any, it was just teasing.

You are obviously a disgruntled Pentax user and your input would be
invaluable in a way.  But you do not have to insult people who use Pentax.
PDML, as I like to understand, is to exchange info on good as well as bad on
our beloved equip.

But frankly, your attitude here is extremely un-gentleman like.  One of the
very prominent virtues of this list is the remarkable resiliency and the
decency of people who participate in this list, in spite of occasional flame
wars.  The culture of this list apparently has been built up over the years
by various participants.  It is this unique culture of this list, in my
opinion, that attracts people to this list, besides the wealth of info you
can get from it.

So, I would respectfully request that you stop making silly and poisonous
posting only in an attempt to make Pentax owners feel bad.  In fact, very
few people are affected by your such postings.  They are wise enough to
ignore or kill your posts (am I the only fool making comments on this? :-),
and you should realize that you are embarrassing yourself.  Don't be a naked
emperor.
Your bad posts are tolerated only because this is none other than PDML.  You
know it and you are taking advantage of it.  The remarkable resiliency of
PDMLers as a whole is allowing you to stay in this list.  If you did the
same thing in any other list, you know too well what's going to happen.

So, your harsh critique on Pentax gear is always welcome, but please keep
the minimum etiquette.

Sorry for giving you a lecture, but let's keep the list somewhat more
decent.

Bye for now....

Cheers,

Ken