On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:32:26 +0000, Cotty wrote:

> SLR only: 'If you saw the shot, you missed it'. Go again.

That's my biggest problem at the (auto) race track.  I think it's also
one big reason that I get a much better percentage of keepers now that
I use AF at the track.  I think I was waiting for the subject to come
into focus before tripping the shutter, instead of tripping the shutter
just _before_ it came into focus.

I've also found that using "trap focus" at the track can be an
adventure (a misadventure).  First off, it's sometimes hard to find a
point to (pre)focus on that won't trip the shutter by itself.  Second,
if the subject is moving toward or away from you too quickly, the trap
focus isn't quick enough.  The prefocus spot is in focus, but the
subject has passed it by the time the mirror flips and the shutter
fires.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ