Hi Mishka,

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:05:17 +0300, Mike Ignatiev wrote:

> has anyone tried to used [Photoshop with a trackball]?

Well, personally, I _hate_ track balls.  No, that's not strong enough.
I positively _despise_ them.  I'd rather try to draw freehand with that
little red nubbin that passes for a mouse on an IBM laptop computer.
IMHO, a tablet is the only upgrade from a mouse.  To me, a trackball is
a "sidegrade" at best. :-)

I'd recommend that you watch for a Wacom Intuos2 or Graphire tablet.
They come with both stylus ("pen") and wireless, ball-less mouse.  The
Intuos2 is more expensive mainly because it has twice as many pressure
levels on the pen (1024 instead of 512) and it's linear resolution is
higher (2500 and some compared to, I think, 1200 and some).

For me, the 4" x 5" tablet works just fine.  I don't like to move my
hand around much, so I turn the acceleration and speed way up.  I
probably only use about half of the 4" x 5" active area.  Looking back,
I could probably have saved the bucks and gotten the Graphire instead
of the Intuos.

New, the Graphire is about US$ 100 and the Intuos2 is about US$ 200 (in
the US).

I had no idea how much better freehand graphics work would be.  I
suspected it, but I was still amazed, especially when you factor in the
pressure sensitivity thing.  It makes things like (de)spotting
photographs and freehand drawing a whole new experience.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ