Mike,

I guess I can give you a preliminary report on comparing Elements to
Picture Window Pro.  I haven't done everything (that I do) yet, but at
least for the simple basics they seem to compare quite favorably.

The differences are minor - Cropping is still a minor bit easier with
Picture Window but not by much.  Elements seems slightly better at
resizing down - at least sharpening wasn't as needed after.

Obviously the interfaces are different.  Can't say one is clearly
superior to the other, just different.  I suspect that once you get
past the simpler things (crop, sizing, sharpening, color correction,
cloning, etc) then some more differences might start showing up.

If/when I run into them, I'll make more comments.  Anyway, Elements is
not as bad as I remember once giving it another open minded try.

Bruce