Yeah, I actually crop in the viewfinder to the image I want - probably
comes from shooting weeny sized negs for too long.  When I scan, I am
planning on printing usually 4X5 or 8X10 from the 67.  So all I need
to do is crop a bit off them (full frame is what I want) to get them
to the correct ratio.

I personally find letterboxed things to look half baked unless
expensive custom matting is involved.  Much of my stuff goes in albums
for clients or personal albums - the pages sleeves are sized to
standard paper sizes.  I think that letterboxing looks rather tacky in
that scenario.

Back to the question at hand...is there a simple way to crop to ratios
in Elements or is it as lame on that front as it seems?

Bruce