Sybren posted:
> Recently, my MZ-5n has started to grow old: the ISO-sensor is damaged, the
> flash is impotent (won't stand up when you push the button),and the film
> insert is no longer as easy as it used to be.
>
> So I could buy a twinbrother: another MZ-5N body.
>
> I like the operating of this camera, the two round knobs, I am very content
> about the photo's I've made. I am not interested in those pre-programmed
> 'convenience settings' like on the MZ50. Do you know if there is an upgrade
> of this MZ-5n camera, with the possibility to go entirely on "Manual"?
>
> And have you as well experienced these weaknesses in the MZ-5n body or am I
> just unlucky with my camera?
>
> And is it true that these camera's are called differently in the USA? Is
> there any compatibility problem between USA-lenses and the "European market"
> lenses?

The US name for that model is the ZX-5n. I have one, and have had two problems
with it; the second is the flash problem you described. (The first was the film
advance went bad and I was getting overlapped frames from time to time.) I've
had both problems repaired (under extended warranty :) but suspect this camera
of not being particularly robust.

I think if you want the -5n interface, you're going to have to get another -5n.