----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Liberman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Back to topic though. I wonder how difficult would it be to design a
> 35mm style SLR that would have interchangeable sensors.

    Upgradeable like computer CPUs? A modular camera system with
standardised modules (sensor, CPU, AF, metering, communications interface,
etc) makes a lot of sense. The chassis and component mountings could remain
the same. With today's present miniaturisation, any thing is possible.
    Last year I suggested a camera that could use both film and digital. The
digital conversion would be in the form of a back/base which could be easily
attached to the body.

Bob Rapp