----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Admittedly someone being published in a magazine should be willing to be
proof read. But I read your story quite different from the interpretation
you put on it. I think that woman knew quite well that she was a bad writer,
she was just defensive. Tired of being corrected all the time, and probably
tired of being corrected by the *same* people all the time. (Been there,
done that.) So she ended up hiding her work to avoid constant correction --
to avoid feeling "put down" and to avoid feeling bad about herself. Pure
human nature. I have yet to meet a person who likes being corrected all the
time. Sometimes yes, all the time, or fairly frequently, no. And some can't
even handle being corrected infrequently.