> However, I do have a question which is on topic, and we can even make
> it some kind of poll:
> I really would like to know everybody's favourite photo gear for
> taking pictures of new born babys.
> So: What camera(s) and lens(es) and (slide/b&w/colour) film(s) would
> you use for taking pictures of a baby just a few days old?

Arnold,
I'd say the real imperative is to get very, very comfortable with your
camera.

Your task is very easy at first. There are few more amenable subjects that a
placid, immobile baby in its swaddles, its bassinet, or its mother's arms.

However, as soon as the little tyke discovers his built-in locomotion, the
photographic challenges rise to a whole 'nuther order. <g>  You had better
hone your camera-handling skills towards that day.

Your clock is ticking!   :-)

--Mike

P.S. Seriously, photographing small children is actually one of the more
demanding of shooting skills, even for pros.