One of the better pro photographers in Detroit, Tom Roche, had a
portfolio show at my place of work last week. I had visited his studio
last year to watch him shoot 4x5 digital, with computer tiling, and at
that time he had told me that most of his work was digital. After
looking through his latest portfolio last week, I asked him if it was
all digital. He replied that only a couple of the shots were digital.
He's gone back to film for a lot of his work. He said that everyone is
shooting digital now, and it's no longer a novelty. The art directors
are clamoring for film. So he's back to shooting film: 4x5 in the
studio, Pentax 6x7 on location.
Paul Stenquist