Mike wrote:

> Odd, but no one really makes a top-quality classic MMM SLR camera these
> days, unless you count the "Hunchback of Solms," the strange and bulky (and
> singularly unpopular) Leica R9.

Didn't Leica recently discontiue the R6.2; arguably the only Leica SLR that make some
sense?
At least I found it mildly desireable being all mechanical but with spotmetering - a
rare and desireable combination. The R9 and the R8 that preceeded it are both too ugly
to sell. Most annoying of all is that the mode switch is on the on-off switch so every
time you turn on the camera you have to set exposure mode as well. It is easy to
"overscroll " when in a hurry and most have their favorute mode anyway which they use
most of the time.
God knows how the Leica R system fares now with the increasing popularity of digital.

Pål