William Robb wrote:

>I wouldn't have thought the R cameras would have appealed
to the same
>demographic.
>For that matter, I am still trying to figure out what
demographic the R
>system would appeal to.

Hi William,

You can add me to the list of people who don't understand
the appeal of the Leica R.  I think the truth is that it has
very little appeal outside the few SLR enthusiasts who won't
shoot with any camera that doesn't have the "L word" on it.

Having said that, a used Leica R body and some carefully
chosen used Leica glass can become a surprisingly
inexpensive outfit.  If you avoid the less esoteric lenses
and buy carefully, your outfit will cost a lot less than a
similar used Contax outfit.

Still, buy used Pentax MF gear and you get a superb
selection of bodies and lenses at a fraction of the price of
Leica and Contax gear and at a lower price than lesser Nikon
and Canon stuff!  (Obligatory sales spiel for Pentax!)

John