Alan Chan wrote:

> I had these Sigma 24mm and 28mm few years back, both
manual focus.
> Optically, both are great imho. However, both suffers from
flare problem and
> substandard mechanical design, particularly the aperture
ring assembly. The
> 24mm even had worse rubber, aperture ring material and
electrical contacts
> (all 3 wore noticably faster than the even older 28/2.8).
The satin finish
> was a joke and the 10 years old shiny surface is better.
Both hoods were
> useless to guard again flare, although they were well
made.

Hi Alan,

I would agree with all of the above, but should add that the
later 24mm Sigma has severe barrel distortion and a yellow
colour cast that sets it apart from the neutral rendition of
Pentax optics.  The earlier Sigma lenses were indeed better
made.

John