Alek,

There must be some kind of a language barrier here.
Read my post again, Mark's too.  I did the same experiment.
I used a K24/2.8 lens (wide angle lens) with the PZ-1 (Z-1 by you).
I was 6 feet (2 meters) from a table lamp that I focused on.
The lamp just filled the finder [ focus ] area.
Using a wide angle lens, I was seeing a dark room with a bright lamp in the middle.
Yes with the PZ-1, the little * goes ON in the LCD display.
NO, this doesn't mean anything.  The exposure doesn't change!!!
The PZ-1 says you have spot metering but you don't!
It is telling you lies!!!

With the PZ-1p, you have spot metering.
I put the K24/2.8 lens on the camera.
I focused on the light... it just filled the [focus] in the viewfinder.
When I pressed the spot button, the * went on in the viewfinder,
and the exposure changed.  This was for the PZ-1p only - Z-1p by you.

I don't know how to make this explaination any clearer.

Regards,  Bob S.