At 11:56 PM -0600 2/7/03, Dan Scott wrote:
Last Tuesday I had a big attack of the "stoopids". I'd been trying to report and resolve a problem with Ebay and received an email from them with a link to what appeared to be an authentic Ebay page.

It wasn't.

I've just finished reporting the incident to my CC company and Ebay. Doesn't appear to be unusual activity on my CC account, which worries me-these con artists have had my name, e-mail address, and CC number since Tuesday and haven't tried to charge anything.

Anyone have any tips on what to do if you suspect "identity theft"?
Put a password on the CC account. I assume they have shut that number down and are issuing you a new one.

If that is all the information the fraud perpetrator has then you are probably okay. Usually they move fast if they are going to do something with the account information.

Steve, who works for a credit card company.
--
Steve
[EMAIL PROTECTED]