On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 09:27 AM, Paul Franklin Stregevsky wrote:

1. You can shoot at ISO 320 (vs. Pentax's ISO 200).
2. You can transfer your images to your PC easily with a docking station.
3. You can shoot images at 1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 960. I think the Pentax
offers nothing in-between its maximum and 1024 x 768.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, no one knows which is the better camera or bargain since neither is available yet. All we can do is compare spec sheets, which don't necessarily tell you which is the better camera either.

But, since spec sheets is what we got ;-), for the $425 Pentax and the $450 Casio (suggested US retail prices), I see:

1.Casio's website lists the Casio's ISO as 50, 100, & 200— as does Pentax

2. The craddle is a Casio disadvantage (from my perspective). With the Casio you _must_ transfer your photos through the cradle and cable to a computer or a printer. Pentax needs only a USB cable.

3. Casio has committed to 4 steps in image size from min to max. while Pentax is "TBD"

4. Pentax has spot, center weighted, and matrix metering (3 metering modes) and Casio has matrix metering (1 metering mode)

5. Pentax is smaller and lighter than the Casio and cased with textured aluminum alloy. The Casio is larger and heavier than the Pentax and cased with plastic.

6. Pentax specs 11 MB of int. mem. and Casio specs 10 MB

7. Pentax has a customizable user function, but Casio doesn't

8. Pentax has time lapse modes that Casio doesn't, but Pentax has no double exposure and Casio does

9. Pentax has a voice memo mode which Casio doesn't (carry a note pad and a pencil along with your cradle and cable)

10. Pentax has "6x zoom" (2x digital by 3x optical) and Casio has "12x zoom" (4x digital by 3x optical)

Specwise, the Pentax appeals to me more than the Casio does.

Dan scott