Paul, Maciej & Christian, I appreciate your comments on my image "Bentonite
Hills".
Paul - My 300mm lens is one of my most used lenses. I really like the
optical extraction that it can create.
Maciej - This image probably would have more impact if it was done in B + W.
Christian - Composition is also the hardest part of photography for me,
which is why I really try to work a scene.
Thanks all...

Kenneth Waller

>original messages edited....

> Yes Doug, you're right.
> I really like Kenneth Waller's photo, "Bentonite Hills." It's a great
> example of how a long lens can make a captivating photo out of a
> somewhat ordinary scene. The compression is the thing. The scene may be
> somewhat ordinary in a normal perspective, but the compacted image that
> Kenneth created is captivating and beautiful. Great shot.
> Paul Stenquist

My pick was "Bentonite Hills" by  Keneth Waller. I like the
abstract feel of it.
In the bigger image I also enjoy the lack of scale. It  could be
a tine stream between the rocks or some sord of canyon. I love
the shape of the stream and the way it is composed in the frame.
I'm just not sure if colour works really well here - the image
is a bit to pinkish to my tastes. So I was to shot ir instead of
Keneth I might go for a black and white version with slightly
higher contrast and a bit more difference between rocks and a
stream in the front so it would stick up a bit more clearly.
Maciej

"Bentonite Hills" by Keneth Waller
This shot has form, texture and color in a very basic composition.
composition is the hardest part of photography for me so when I see an image
like this one I think: "Wow!  I wonder if I could have seen this shot?"

Sometimes the simplest composition works the best.

Christian