Mike,

Very interesting point.  When I first got my 67II, I always put it on
a tripod.  When doing studio and location portraits, I found that the
tripod was too slow to work with to capture natural poses and
expressions.  There was always that last minute fiddling with the
tripod before the shot that ended up missing the moment.  For
portraits I usually don't use a tripod now unless it is a larger group
where corner framing becomes very important.  My images have improved
in "content" even though technically they may "suffer" slightly by not
using the tripod.

Bruce