Hi,

The Schneider lupes are excellent - I have 4X. It's also useful to
have an 8X. I have a no-name one which is very good, but doesn't cover
the full 35mm. I use it only for checking critical sharpness in small
areas of the slide. I assume you want these things for 35mm.

There are several types of lightbox. Mine is a Jessops brand (UK). It
is very sturdy metal with a properly balanced lightsource. It is
angled and has 2 removal metal strips which can be used as slide
'shelves'. Most lightboxes I've seen are flat. If I were to choose
again I'd investigate the ones that are in a briefcase because there
have been numerous occasions when it would have been useful.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]