I started off with the XR-1 in the late 70's. Then upgraded to the XR-2S with the winder.
I used Vivitar, Soligor Tamron and Pentax lenses with them.
These were very rugged cameras.

In the late 80's I bought a second hand XR-X (which I still own).
This camera may not be as rugged as the other ones, but it's loaded with features. And it keeps on ticking.

Owning Vivitar S1 lenses with dual program contacts makes the XR-X (XR-M in the US) a great backup body.

Another Ricoh to look for is the XR-P. A rugged manual program camera.

HTH,
Jeff.

Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
And which bodies are you using?
Some of them seem pretty well-built, like the KR-5 & KR-10.
Some seem pretty mediocre.
Recommendations?

Collin