Ed wrote:

>Hi Erwin,
>     I see how it works for you.  Unfortunately for me, I almost
exclusively
>use aperture priority mode, so I am always forced to support a good chunk
of
>the camera's weight with my right hand.

Hi Ed,

I bet you would hate to use my ME then. Aperture priority only, and no grip
whatever for the right hand :-).
I should add that the very first SLR I used long time ago was an MEsuper. So
once I realised how an MZ5n would work for me, it was quite natural for me,
to use the left hand for focussing, adjusting aperture, and supporting most
of the camera's weight at the same time.

To come back to the topic, I read in the reports that it's also possible to
reach the MZ-S dial with the index finger. So perhaps it's also possible to
push the AF switch up by the side of the midlle finger, and, withouth
loosening the right hand grip, release the index finger from the shutter
button and use it to change focussing points with the main dial. With your
right hand approach, this could work better then using the thumb to change
focussing points. I sort of "faked it" with my SFX and I think it might
work.

Personally however I seem to prefer the idea of using the thumb, because it
might work faster.

Erwin