Joseph,

The trick to jumping ship is that seems to be the future of the other
brands, too.  Perhaps you are meaning If Pentax starts moving
downstream in target audience then it is time to jump ship?  I believe
there are a few on the list who would strongly argue that this has
already occurred many years ago.

All I can say, is I have never been happier once I moved off 35mm as
being my *serious* platform.  Using MF has been so much better than 35
in both results and enjoyment of the equipment and process.  Now I
find that Pentax directions fit just fine with my 35mm needs - mainly,
decent automation and portable (small).  After all, that is one of the
greatest strengths of the 35mm format.

I intend on being one of the early *ist-ites and will give a full
report of my impressions and experiences.  Now I just need to find out
when/where I can get one.

Bruce