Hi Rüdiger,

on 23 Feb 03 you wrote in pentax.list:

>Pal, to call the *ist entry is nonsens, it replace the the MZ-6 which
>is not entry. It has even better spec's than the F75, Dynax 5, or Canon
>300V which are not entry level.

You are right - the features of the *ist are impressing and state-of-
the-art. But there ist one point that makes me wonder: Why does it have
a KAF-mount only? Imagine Pentax would release IS/USM-lenses. These
would either need a KAF2-mount including the powerzoom-contacts or a new
KAF3-mount. In this scenario the MZ-5n would be superior as it has a
KAF2-mount an might be able to use IS/USM-lenses. The *ist might never
be able to use IS/USM lenses in future. This leads us to two possible
conclusions:

- Pentax will never release IS/USM lenses (or at least not in the near
future), because they cannot be used on an *ist.

- Pentax will release IS/USM lenses but they cannont be used on an *ist,
i.e. there will be a superior SLR class and the *ist will indeed be some
kind of entry evel.

Maybe we have to imagine a complete different SLR lineup for the future.
Just my wild speculations...

Regards, Heiko