Get the Pentax Adapter.  I have one of each and the non Pentax adapter
was a total waste of money.

At 03:45 PM 2/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
How good is the  Super Takumar 55 f2 m42 mount?  I've looked on several
pages but can't find any evaluations (just specs).  My daughter is
taking a photo class and needs a manual camera.  She really doesn't like
the SP500, so I'm thinking of getting the m42 to K adaptor and sticking
the superTak on the MZ-7.  (I want to keep my FA50 normal for my usage,
and besides the super tak has a much nicer feel on manual focus.)  I can
get the adaptor locally (generic) for $17 or for about $20 with shipping
from B&H (Pentax).  I could also just buy a non-F 50 form KEH for
$45-60.  I know the teacher wants manual focus and everyone will feel
better if the camera just can't AF.

Steven Desjardins Department of Chemistry Washington and Lee University Lexington, VA 24450 (540) 458-8873 FAX: (540) 458-8878 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx