Hi, Andre,

I don't know if you're referring to your k-mount 1.8 55mm that flares,
or the m42 2.0 55mm, but I've not had any flare problems with my m42's.
On one of them, I have a generic collapsable hood, on the 2 others, no
hood.  I usually have a UV or yellow/orange/red filter on them as well.

OTOH, as I say here often, I do usually try my best to have the sun
perpendicular or behind me when shooting, so maybe I just haven't used
the lenses in "flare-prone" situations enough to test how badly they
flare...

regards,
frank

Andre Langevin wrote:

> A joy to use indeed but I find it mflares more than other Pentax
> lenses I use (K 24/2.8  28/2  35/2  85/1.8) in same circumstances
> (front spots during shows).  I will have to put the longest possible
> shade on it or see if the 1.4 flares less.
>
> Andre

"Honour - that virtue of the unjust!"
-Albert Camus