This one time, at band camp,
Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Other than needing an interface for emergencies, I can't see any DSLR
> camera really needing a souped up transfer interface.
>
> I don't see the interface (USB 1, 2, Firewire) as being a big issue.
> Buy the card reader with interface you desire and be done with it.

I do some work for various eisteddfods where parents like to be able to
see and purchase photos on the spot. The greatest problem with digital
here is that you cannot leave the performance area to take disks to the
guys out in the foyer with the computer, so you need many cards (expensive)
and a runner to be running them out to the computers for the families to see.

With a USB/Firewire a pic can be taken and it is immediately available on
the computer, Mrs Smith can view the image immediately and have a print
and frame for $25.00 on the spot.

Never under-estimate the power of instant gratification ;)

Kind regards
Kevin

--
 ______