On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 03:43 PM, Kevin Waterson wrote:

Depreview:
* New 16-segment metering system achieves more accurate exposure
* New 11-point AF sensor (SAFOX VIII) realizes enhanced focusing
* Fast 1/4000 sec. shutter speed and high-speed flash sync at 1/150
1/4000, this is enough for most applications but I would not try anything
too fancy.

* Continuous shooting at approx. 2.7 fps
Does it have an mpeg feature? 2.7 is a bit slow for real sports or
wildlife shooting

     * PC-based camera control and easy data transmission with USB 1.1
compatibility
I was hoping for a firewire plug also ....

     * Convenient playback functions, such as nine imageand 12X
magnification-display
gimmicks

I will go out on a limb here and offer that software is available only for
MS and MAC systems and that *nix folks have been left out.

Let's not forget this is their entry level DSLR. I imagine that if this does well bigger and better things will be along, in due time.

Dan Scott