On 28 Feb 2003 at 8:33, Paul Franklin Stregevsky wrote:

> Guys, let's be honest. For many of us, the *ist D will require the largest
> chunk of change we've ever spent on a single photographic item. We'd need to
> have the purchase approved by the household Treasurer. What are the odds that
> she'll say Yes?

Anyone with a fast long lens will have spent more than the *ist D will cost,
but the point is that regardless of its affordability if it doesn't serve the
photographers purpose then it's not going to be appealing and IMHO it's biggest
negative is simply the fact that the sensor isn't full frame.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours