On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Peter Jansen wrote:

> NO I am not negattive. I'd like to add that I think this is one of the
> BEST times for Pentax users. For once they are commited to great
> products for their entire line with more to come. Plus their new AF
> system sounds killer, and for once it looks as if it may be ahead of
> the pack (9 cross sensors).

Well, I'm pretty skeptical about the 9 cross sensors, as even the EOS 1v
only has 7.  But the *ist D sounds like a pretty kick-ass camera
nonetheless.

This is a great time for Pentax!  They've finally announced a DSLR that
sounds like it'll make it to market, they're coming out with cool p&s's
(one with 24mm at the wide angle), they're keeping competitive with 35mm
film SLR's by revamping their lineup, they've got a great 645AF system out
there, and a unique 6x7 system that might be in for some changes.  I'm
happy to be a Pentax user.

chris