Hi Bruce,

on 04 Mar 03 you wrote in pentax.list:

>killer product. If they don't and the price is not much different than
>a 10D, then you are right, no one will buy it, based on the strength,
>direction and reputation of Canon.

I don't agree. Why should the *istD necessarily be cheaper than the
Canon in order to sell well? If you say that the price is the primary
reason to decide between Pentax and Canon then one could also argue that
the Pentax may not be cheaper than the Canon because "cheaper" is often
connected with "worser" and "lower quality/performance".

I assume that both will sell around 1400 +/-100 US$. The DSLR market is
an oligopolistic market. There is no real price competition as the
demand exceeds the offer.

Cheers, Heiko