Pål is an advanced user who has had top notch Pentax gear for many
years. There aren't many left of that breed, but what they want is
basically for Pentax to grow big enough to renew their range of top
gear at a pace more comparable to Nikon and Canon.

Being beyond the entry-level stuff myself, I must say that I have
sometimes become a bit disillusioned each time Pentax has released
_another_ entry-level SLR and _more_ zooms in the normal range of
aperture 3.5-5.6.

Meanwhile, the top range see little renewal. Take for example:
- the FA* 80-200/2.8 Powerzoom lens not changed since early nineties.
- the FA* 28-80/2.8  The same.
- 1.4x and 2x TC still manual focus. 3rd party vendors have made AF
work.
- AF and camera noise is as loud as ten years ago. Even counting the
"sneezing hamster".

The market for the top gear may be small, but the signal effect huge.

I _do_ understand Pål's stance on this. Many people in his situation
have given up waiting for a Pentax initiative to renew their top gear
lineup.

That said, I don't share Pål's pessimism. With the kind of photography
I do, I have nothing to gain from switching brand, and I find _enough_
support for my kind of work in the Pentax line. As long as Pentax
stays healthy as an enterprise, there's more goodies to come.

We live in interesting times. Always. :-)

Jostein