Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my eyes, the ist D is not ugly at all. Innovative design? Maybe not, but still good looking with a finish that reminds me of the MZ-S with its leather like grip and black spackled top plate parts. We still have to wait for performance reports to pass judgement.

DG

At 08:43 PM 3/7/03 +0100, you wrote:
Peter wrote:

> Pål this is a very strange arguement. So you mean to
> tell me that you'd be happier of Pentax released a
> special, "sexy' incompetent camera?

Pentax recently marketed stylish camera with "old" technology. Now they market ugly or derivative cameras with new technology. I think it is a good idea to marry the two but not in form of ugly cameras with old technology.

Pål