on 3/09/03 10:47 AM, Nick Zentena at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On March 9, 2003 10:08 am, William Robb wrote:
>>
>> Better wine, better cheese and better food than the English.
>

> Better then the English? Isn't that a universal given?-)))))
>
> Nick

I have accumulated 10-12 weeks total time in the U.K. over the last 25
years. I can recall one bad meal (in an Indian restaurant in Cambridge.)
>From fish-and-chips take-out locations in London to high end restaurants in
Bath or Chichester or Seven Oaks or London, all the rest have been good to
great meals. By contrast, in one week in France a few years ago, the only
palatable meal I had was a breakfast at a country inn. The dinner highlight
was a McDonalds in Paris, and I don't even eat at McDonalds here!

Stan