Anyone with a dead meter on their spotty can have it replaced with one
from a K-1000.  All you have to do is find a competent camera mechanic.

At 12:01 PM 3/14/2003 -0800, you wrote:

Butch Black wrote:

> It's nice to see but with MILLIONS
> of spotmatics sold and THOUSANDS
> of them on the used market in very nice condition
> where's the need for this camera???
>
> I think this was a dumb move on their part.
> JCO
>
> I'm not so sure. How many people out there have spotties with dead meters or
> have had bad luck with the zinc-air #400 battery replacements? Plus, from
> looking at the picture of it, it has a shutter speed up to 1/2000 sec and a
> flash sync of 1/125. Depending on the price of the body they may do ok on
> it.
>
> BUTCH

Sounds like it's the 'better mousetrap'... <g>

keith whaley

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx